Before every ride, it is important to carry out the following safety checks on a regular basis:
- Ensure front and rear brakes work properly (Some models only have rear disc brakes. Refer to your model carefully when checking brakes)
- Ensure brake shoe pads are not over worn and are correctly positioned in relation to the rims.
- Ensure brake control cables are lubricated correctly, adjusted and display no obvious wear.
- Ensure brake levers are lubricated and tightly secured to the handlebar.
WHEELS & TIRES:
- Ensure tires are inflated within the recommended limit as displayed on the tire sidewall.
There is a danger of wheel failure due to rim wear.
Replace wheel immediately when/if any part of the above groove wears off.
- Ensure tires have tread and have no bulges or excessive wear.
- Ensure rims run true and have no obvious wobbles or kinks.
- Ensure all wheel spokes are tight and not broken.
- Check that axle nuts are tight. If your bicycle is fitted with quick release axles, make sure locking levers are correctly tensioned and in the closed position.
- Ensure the handlebar and stem are correctly adjusted and tightened, and allow proper steering.
- Ensure that the handlebars are set correctly in relation to the forks and the direction of travel.
- Check that the headset locking mechanism is properly adjusted and tightened.
- If the bicycle is fitted with handlebar end extensions, ensure they are properly positioned and tightened.
FRAME & FORK:
- Check that the frame and fork are not bent or broken.
- If either are bent or broken, they should be replaced.
- Ensure the chain is oiled, clean and runs smoothly.
- Please go to a qualified technician for adjusting the correct chain tension.
- Extra care is required in wet or dusty conditions.
REAR SUSPENSION (if applicable):
- Please check the rear suspension connection regularly.
- Ensure all bearings are lubricated, run freely and display no excess movement, grinding, or ratting.
- Check headset, wheel bearing, pedal bearings and bottom bracket bearings.
CRANKS & PEDALS:
- Ensure pedals are securely tightened to the cranks.
- Ensure cranks are securely tightened to the axle and are not bent.
DERAILLEURS (if applicable):
- Check that front rear mechanisms are adjusted and function properly.
- Ensure control levers are securely attached.
- Ensure derailleurs, shift levers and control cables are properly lubricated.
- Ensure that all reflectors are properly fitted and not obscured.
- Ensure all other fittings on the bike are properly and securely fastened, and functioning.
- Ensure the rider is wearing a helmet.
If any safety-critical components need to be changed, please see an authorized retailer or professional bicycle repair shop.
This assembly and operation manual shall remain an integral part of the e-bike. When you transfer the e-bike to others, please include this manual as it contains the important safety guidance and operation instructions. Anyone riding the e-bike should carefully read the safety guidance and operation instructions prior to riding.
Changes in pictures, diagrams, data, descriptions and specifications in this manual may change as we continuously improve our products.